5.31.2012

Really America?

Mother and child. 
It is a gift that can't be compared to any other,
and any mother can tell you that it is a life changing experience...for the better.
So I am baffled at all the media lately,
especially about breastfeeding.
Mainly because I just can't seem to understand what the big deal is.
Perhaps it was always in the media, but now that it affects me I am hypersensitive to it.
Either way, what in the world is all the hype about? 
Women have been having babies and nursing for thousands of years without any problems,
yet now the media is portraying it as some kind of phenomenon, to be ashamed of.
In such an advanced society we live in, I am stunned to still see articles such as this in the media.
Read it and you will find that military moms dressed in uniform are being shunned because of breastfeeding. 
Really America? 
 Don't we have better things to stress about?
The truth is, it angers me and saddens me all at the same time.
Women should be able to feed their children naturally,
without judgement, without criticism, and without the feeling of shame.
I urge you to take a boob...I-I mean stand.
If you are a nursing mom, nurse on.
If you are a bystander, take the high road of encouragement,
because being a new mom is tough enough.
We don't need one more thing to worry about.

 
 
 
 


1 comment: