6.04.2012

A Fruitful Weekend

What a sweet weekend we had. 
I picked up a papaya at the market last weekend,
but with no idea what to do with it....it stared at me for a week straight.
I finally decided to give it a go and WOW! was I pleasantly Surprised.
I decided on a Papaya salsa that we topped on our steak that evening. 
It was delicious.
I cubed the rest and froze it, eagerly awaiting the day I can give tiny a bite....
but I couldn't wait to get my own lips on it again.
The salsa was so delicious, I went in for seconds and tried out a Papaya smoothie.
YUM.
Both these recipes have only 4 ingredients and the best part,
I never even used a measuring cup.
In my eyes, it's one less thing to clean.
Score.
Give them a try. You won't be disappointed.

 Papaya Salsa:
Half a Papaya, seeds scooped out
Ginger
Lime Juice
Cilantro

1. Dice the Papaya. You may use more than half, depending on your desired amount. 
2. Add some grated ginger
3. Squeeze the juice of half a lime into the bowl
4. Add your desired amount of cilantro. I personally could eat it by the handful so I added lots.
5. Mix it together and enjoy.
Try it with chips or use it as a topping on nearly any meal. It's that good.

Papaya Smoothie:
3/4 cup of cubed Papaya, Fresh or frozen
1/2 cup of Orange Juice
1/2 cup of Ice
Honey to taste
*Amounts are listed for all you type A personalities. I eyeballed it all and it came out perfect!

1. Place papaya, Orange juice and honey into a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Add Ice. Blend until ice is well incorporated or until you reach your desired consistency.
3. Serve cold and enjoy.
*If your in the mood for some fun, this would be great as an "adult" beverage*



No comments:

Post a Comment