7.12.2012

Checking Out...Mentally

Here in Florida, Summer is in FULL swing.
Our days are hot and I really can't tame my "let's get outta here and go on vacation" mentality.
Being a mama is awesome but it is constant work.
Am I complaning? Not right now, but I am daydreaming.
Until I can get the bags packed, find a dog sitter, load the car, and get to any destination 
(now I remember why it's so hard to go anywhere)
I will be on a mental vacation.
If I close my eyes tight enough,
 I can feel the salty air brushing over my skin as I swing back and forth...and then when I open them, I'm reminded that I'm simply nursing tiny in our rocking chair...
almost as good.
Oh to be here basking in the sun. I imagine the warmth of the sun penetrating my skin...
and then I remember we have an almost 8 month old. 
At least we can take turns.
And when the day is done, we will head off to one of our rooms 









         
Hey, it's a mental vacation...
we have lots of money and as many rooms as we want. 
 Just go with it.
So this is where I will be for the next few days.
Feel free to join me. 
It's relaxing, rejuvenating, and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment